Sunday, October 2, 2011

Four Generations Walk to Cure Diabetes


Great Grandpa Joe with three of his four great-grandchildren
For the fifth year in a row, our family team, "Sam's Friends" participated in the annual Walk to Cure Diabetes to raise critical research funds for JDRF. We are proud to be able to say that we met our goal and we are grateful to the friends, family, and friends of friends that supported us.



This year the shirts had a star wars theme and text started out with "It is a period of great scientific discovery..." and it is. The backs of the shirts always say, I am walking for Sam Dickinson, Age X and then we make one for Sam that says, "I am Sam." People say, "go Sam" as he passes. This year, we made Talia a special shirt with a picture of Princess Leah and the words, "I am Talia and I am walking for my brother." Go Talia... May the force be with you both.